Friday, March 13, 2009

Yawner

Friday, today is the last trading day of the week. What a yawner today. Volume is very low and the markets are just treading along with no direction around the unchanged line.

My prediction of a 150pt+ drop doesn't look like is going to happen. But that is not to say it might not happen early next week. Bernanke is on 60minutes this Sunday and what he says (or not say) will likely caues some ripples in the market.

The bulls and bears are pretty much standing still today. Neither willing to commit cash before the weekend. 

I am slightly long with holdings in POT, WFC, FXI, AET.UN and VT. I've also hedged slightly with a small holding of SDS (ultra short S&P). 

I feel the urge to jump into the markets as this rally has legs. But I don't want to commit more cash unless the markets dip. Hopefully will happen early next week.

I'm looking at DOW below 7000 to aggresively add to my position. In the time being, the job of a good trader is to sit tight and not over trade.

No comments: