Thursday, March 19, 2009

Signs of financial exhaustion

Financials have begun to sell off timidly today. A healthy sign after the massive runnup over the last 7 trading days.

Taking profits on my financial longs was a great decision in hindsight. Although I missed 5 points on my POT as it gapped up today! (can't win them all)

I am now shorting the financials by being long the SKF. Looking for 30% profit target on this that should happen within the next 2-3 trading days. Plan to get back in Long with WFC and IYF near support levels.

Also long gold with Kinross gold. Canadian company KPC. Another 7%+ gain today. It has ramped so fast I am feeling a bit shaky on this wanting to take profits. I'll see how it goes tomorrow but the FED's decision to massively print money has ignited a bull run on GOLD like I've never seen before. I'll probably sit tight on my holdings and look to continue to add positions on weakness. Added some AU today on weakness to my gold holdings.

Solar also up nicely today with my holdings of SPWRB, up almost 10% today. This one is very volatile so buyer beware.

No comments: